Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My first blog post. I think it's appropriate to go into some detail on who I am, who we are, and why I'm starting this.

I hadn't initially considered blogging, because God knows, there are plenty out there already. Thanks to the encouragement of friends, I have come to realize that I may have a different perspective than other bloggers. The whole idea behind this blog is to share my experience, strength, and hope with those who are beginning to traverse, or stuck in the middle of, the special education nether realms.

My kids range in age from 6 to 22, they have various disabilities and abilities, and they are unique human beings. (Even though son 5 strongly resembles son 2 ten years ago.) They face different challenges, and parenting them is a challenge in itself.

Neurodiversity is bound to be addressed here, as is accessibility, and consideration. I think that every child should have an IEP, since they all have an "I". No one-size-fits-all education will ever be the ideal, but it seems to serve most.

I look forward to hearing readers' opinions, and following your blogs as well. I anticipate an interesting journey into the blogosphere. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment